If anyone is in the market for a new TV show to binge watch this weekend, or sometime in the near future, then ladies and gents I have found TV gold for you. Silicon Valley is a tech comedy type show that anyone can geek out to. It is based in the infamous Silicon Valley and chronicles tech guys preparing to launch their own company and data compressor program. If that was way over your head, don't worry. A lot of the stuff they discuss isn't tech lingo I'm familiar with either, however don't let this scare you. I truly enjoy the show and can still follow the trials and tribulations of the up and coming tech revolution company Pied Piper, along with all the characters that made up this so called nerd posse.
My boyfriend, who just happens to work in the mysterious world of tech, turned me on to this show and highly recommended it. While he obviously understands all the code jokes and the software references, he also finds the humor outside of the tech lingo absolutely hilarious as well. It's nice to see a show that changes the way, those of us who don't know, think about the tech industry and just have competitive and ever evolving it really is.
The show is on HBOgo and I strongly encourage everyone to get it a whirl, including you Professor- you would enjoy! It received an 8.5 rating on IMDb which is quite high, meaning it must be good! These days I don't waste my time with anything rated below a 7!
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/hbos-silicon-valley-tv-review-687302
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis reminds me of The Big Bang Theory! Although TBBT is full of geeky jargons and arcane theories, it's still highly entertaining. I guess Silicon Valley could also offer a chance for us "outsiders" to know a few things about the tech-world.
ReplyDeleteOh, Jenna, I've watched both seasons and laughed my posterior off most of the time. I use a clip from the show to help introduce our final assignment, sometimes called "The Better World" Assignment. I've interviewed one of the creators, Alec Berg, who also worked on "Seinfeld," eventually taking over from Larry David as executive producer. My brother-in-law works in tech, and I swear some of the conversations he has with people at dinner parties are straight out of "Silicon Valley."
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like a funny show. I will have to check it out. The Big Bang Theory is good to!
ReplyDeleteThis sounds like a cool show! I've heard about it from a friend; I'll definitely have to check it out!
ReplyDeleteI really like this show. I've watched both seasons and think it is a really smart show. I'm a big Mike Judge fan but I think where this show really shines is in the ensemble cast. I think Ehrlich (TJ Miller), Danish (Kumail Nanjiani) and Gilfoyle (Martin Starr) really make the show what it is. I also think it's a shame that the actor who played Peter Gregory (Christopher Evan Welch) passed away. I really like his character
ReplyDeleteErlich is by far my favorite character!
DeleteI met T.J. Miller (Ehrlich) at Bottega Louie a few weeks ago! He was really nice we talked about the show for a few minutes, I don't watch the show every often but he really shines in it from what I've seen.
ReplyDelete